Please engage in the discussion regarding potential issues or needs related to EIT Urban Mobility RIS Education. The aim is to identify potential areas for the call to focus on. Please discuss addressable issues and needs you see and what you think are causing these. Potential solutions will be discussed later. In essence the question is: What areas should we focus our budget on to maximize the impact of EIT Urban Mobility RIS Education activities?
EIT Urban Mobility RIS is designed as a two-way interaction scheme with the purpose to advance the innovation and entrepreneurship performance across Europe, especially in countries with moderate or modest innovation scores as defined by the European Innovation Scoreboard. By sharing good practices of Knowledge Triangle Integration (KTI) and increasing activities in eligible countries, EIT Urban Mobility will gain access to productive inputs, business skills, talent, cooperation opportunities in education, market and business, currently untapped entrepreneurial potential, customers for innovative ventures, innovation, knowledge, knowhow and technology transfer possibilities, additional testbeds for applications of innovative solutions as well as access to co-funding options provided by EU, Regional and National Support Schemes. In the mid-term perspective, EIT Urban Mobility RIS is expected to facilitate the incorporation of relevant players of the local innovation ecosystems in the EIT Urban Mobility ecosystems and foster the Knowledge Triangle Integration approach as a framework for the enhancement of innovation capacity.
The main purpose of the RIS Education activities is to support innovation and entrepreneurship capacity building in RIS countries through education and training activities. Activities should primarily target RIS region impact and target groups but may be based on non-RIS concepts and activity partners. The activities should target university level education and/or professional education and training. For more information regarding RIS please click here.
The first time you comment, an approval is required before your comment becomes visible. When appropriate, please include links to additional material (maximum 3). Please state your name and organisation if you want to be recognised. Please remember that this is a public site and that all comments are public and can be read by anybody. Please clearly state what issue or need you refer to, already mentioned or a new one, when posting a new comment. Please also post responses to comments made by others and also respond to comment you get.
From experience of previous calls and the present status and development we are here suggesting a number of potential areas. Please suggest additional issues and needs to address if you find something missing. Focus on the problem and need, not pushing solutions. In general we look for activities and initiatives that can support the overall RIS strategy and aim, offers high quality education, reach a large audience and market, and gain recognition efficiently with a lasting effect. New activities can be regarded as pilots for further future expansion increasing geographical coverage and volume, that may also be possible repeat and scale the coming years.
- Raising awareness
- We see significant potential and need to raise the awareness of existing EIT Urban Mobility education activities and services to relevant target groups in RIS countries. We need to make sure existing activities are benefitting RIS.
- Capacity building
- On top of utilizing existing education initiatives, such as existing courses, we also need to build the local capacity to achieve lasting effects. This may include supporting local eco-systems.
- Education and training
- We see a strong need for education and training activities with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship potentially also including urban mobility, such as face to face or online courses.
- Startup student activities
- Somewhat overlapping with the above, but important to highlight, there is a significant need to further support student startup activities and training with the purpose to generate new ventures.
- Suggest an issue or need to discuss