Please engage in the discussion regarding potential issues or needs related to the Competence Hub – the EIT Urban Mobility Professional School. The aim is to identify potential areas for the call to focus on. Please discuss addressable issues and needs you see and what you think are causing these. Potential solutions will be discussed later. In essence the question is: What areas should we focus our budget on to maximize the impact and commercial success of the Competence Hub?
The main aim for the Competence Hub is to close the knowledge gap for professionals arising from the ongoing transformation within urban mobility. The knowledge gap may be categorised into training related to implementation and utilization of new technologies, innovation and entrepreneurship, and change management. Three areas that are to a very high extent intertwined and dependant. The Competence Hub works with a variety of formats from different scope and scale of online formats, to blended courses, as well as face-to-face training. We are in constant search for new hot topics and unmet needs. For more information please click here.
The first time you comment, an approval is required before your comment becomes visible. When appropriate, please include links to additional material (maximum 3). Please state your name and organisation if you want to be recognised. Please remember that this is a public site and that all comments are public and can be read by anybody. Please clearly state what issue or need you refer to, already mentioned or a new one, when posting a new comment. Please also post responses to comments made by others and also respond to comment you get.
From our experience of previous calls and the current reality, we have identified some key challenges/needs that the Competence Hub must face/overcome, listed below. In general we look for activities and initiatives that can generate impact within the cities as well as the transport/mobility industries, while also generating enough value and revenue to be profitable.
The Competence Hub’s programmes need to be scalable and repeatable (same/similar course, various cohorts). New activities can be regarded as pilots for further future expansion increasing geographical coverage and volume, gradually improving profit levels when repeated. Marketing and sales of suggested activities will require special attention and target group analysis need to be improved.
On top of the needs identified below, please suggest additional issues and needs to address if you find something missing. Focus on the problem and need, not pushing solutions.
- Synchronous blended and face-to-face courses with significant revenue potential
- With an initial focus on online in 2020 and 2021, we need to strengthen our portfolio especially regarding synchronous blended and face-to-face courses. Course should ideally be possible to repeat enough times to reach break even, justifying the investment and development costs.
- Niche courses meeting very specific unmet needs
- We look for proven unmet market needs that may not be obvious. If there are guarantees of paying clients, we should be able to support the development.
- Successful local courses with internationalisation potential
- We look for successful local/national courses that are likely to be successful internationally. This should be a possible way to increase our course success rate and commercial viability.
- Latest learning technologies and methodologies
- How can we utilize new learning technologies and methodologies within the Competence Hub? Can we improve learnings and/or decrease costs?
- Trade fair courses
- New course formats based on existing trade fairs, such as Tomorrow.Mobility, could be an interesting way to leverage and exploit potential synergies based on existing activities gathering urban mobility professionals.
- We look for new ways to engage with existing urban mobility communities. Supporting existing communities could be a fast way to identify, probe and met training needs by larger groups.
- Suggest an issue or need to discuss
- Please suggest other relevant issues and needs to address and discuss and in line with what is stated above. What you think are issues and needs to focus on on to maximize the impact of the EIT Urban Mobility Academy activities.